This is the third doll clothing swap I have had the pleasure of hosting. I've enjoyed hosting these swaps and have met several wonderful, talented people doing so. A doll clothing swap is a fun way to add unique outfits to your 18" doll collection. Not sure where to begin? Look through your fabric store's pattern books. Simplicity offers some adorable retro patterns. I highly recommend using a pattern to ensure the proper fit for your partners doll. If you are interested in joining, please read the following information below:
- This swap is for 18" American Girl type dolls.
- All clothing must be sewn. Please no knitted outfits.
- You will create 2 outfits. Each will be sent to a separate swap partner.
- I am defining 'outfit' as a dress, shirt & skirt, or shirt & pant.
- You can display the outfits you give and receive at this Flickr Group
- Sign up is now - May 15th, 2009
- Mail out is June 1st, 2009
I know the above dates sound far away but I want to make sure you have plenty of time to plan and sew your doll clothes. You can sign up here:
doll_clothing_swap[at]yahoo[dot]com subject line: spring 2009
Please send inquiries to the above e-mail address. Merci!
PS: Feel free to use the image above as a button to advertise the swap on your blog!